Top Reasons Why Homeowners Choose Hardwood Over Carpets
Floorings are very important because they are the most used installation on any home. In time, as homeowners, you realize that the type of flooring you used to think as useful doesn’t meet your standards and needs anymore. With children and pets coming in the picture, homeowners tend to opt out of carpets and hire carpet companies to change the floorings for them. To remove carpets is a daunting task and a trusted carpet company is best for this job.
Why do homeowners move away from carpets and move to hardwood flooring instead? Aside from health reasons with carpets accumulating more dust, hardwood is easier to maintain and end up costing less.
Here are the top reasons why homeowners choose hardwood over carpet flooring:
1. Longer life span. Hardwood is in it for the long run because of its longer life span. With all the environmental vulnerabilities your home is exposed to, hardwood can withstand them all. Even if we talk about signs of aging that can show on your hardwood after decades of use, your flooring can be sanded and refinished at minimal cost.
2. Durability. A hardwood floor is very kid and family-friendly because it can withstand water spills, scratches and chips without its quality compromised. It is one of those materials that grow stronger with age.
3. Customizable. Hardwood flooring comes in hundreds of designs and colors. You can stick to plain colors, or get creative with mixes depending on your style and needs. It is way easier to customize with hardwood than with carpets.
4. Easy maintenance. The only things you ever need in maintaining hardwood flooring are the broom and mop. You get to avoid the accumulation of dirt, dust and allergens because it is very easy to clean this type of flooring. You end up having a cleaner and healthier home just by opting hardwood flooring.
Once you decide to change your carpet flooring, at the end of the carpet removal job, homeowners are left with cuts from carpets that seem useless. Before throwing these out of the bin, find the following tips useful if you intend to recycle carpet offcuts:
Usually, once the carpet installers have finished and are on their way back to the depot, you’ll be left with some remnants of unused material, commonly referred to as offcuts. In general, the more skilled the team, the more accurate will have been their calculations and the fewer leftover pieces you are likely to have. However, where rooms are irregularly shaped and especially, if you happen to have chosen a patterned product that requires careful matching, you could be left with a significant amount of spare material that, if you have the know-how, could be put to very good use.
- As washing machine leg protectors. Cut a square to fit each leg of your washing machine, and stick the square onto it. This way your machine ends up being more stable without you having to worry it might get out of balance as the washing machine does its job.
- As a sleeping mat for your pet. Cut the carpet offcut relative to your pet’s size. This you can place on the floor as a stand-alone, or as an added mat to your pet’s bed. This way your dogs and cats end up happy in slumber land.
- As chair and table leg protectors. If you’ve been having problems with tables and chairs marking your floors, whether as stand-alones or as you drag them, these carpet offcuts can be very helpful. Cut circles or squares depending on the tables’ and chairs’ leg sizes, and stick these offcuts onto them. You can expect neater and more protected floors that can save you up from paying for repairs.
Homeowners should be well aware of the advantages and disadvantages of carpets and hardwoods. In the long run, hardwood flooring definitely scores above carpets. However, if you choose to change carpets regularly and you prefer the carpet feel over hardwood, just make sure you seek professional assistance so you get the most of your carpet purchase.
Feel free to express yourself through your home’s flooring. The options are endless. And flooring options are getting more affordable, too. Don’t let assumptions deter you from customizing your home. Start today! For hardwood installation services, call Carpet Laminate Hardwood Installation for all your carpet and flooring needs.